Business Intelligence Lead (Manila)
My client are one Southeast Asia’s fastest growing Fintech companies who are driven by a vision of a world where everyone has access to financial services. Customers have access to a mobile wallet and services such as remittances, mobile air-time and bill payments. They aim to improve people's everyday lives through convenient, accessible, and approachable financial services. Providing users with a stellar product and excellent customer experience is at the heart and soul of the business.
As a fast-paced growing company they are looking to hire passionate, motivated professionals in improving products and accelerating financial inclusion in Southeast Asia. Great value is placed on open communication, work ownership, and continuous learning on the job.
We are seeking a talented, strategically focused analytics leader to drive business insights, deliver business functions-facing solutions, build a data-driven decision-making environment as well as be in charge of data architecture. The leader will be accountable for both strategic and analytics projects/implementation using sophisticated analytics techniques to unlock company growth such as profitability analysis, segmentation, and fraud mitigation.
The candidate must also have strong influence and people leadership skills to effectively run a diverse team of analysts, data scientists, and data engineers; drive project prioritization and roadmap; partner effectively with large scale of business functions. You will be part of a business that is striving to increase financial inclusion across Southeast Asia’s 650 million population, which remains largely unbanked.
- Directly lead a team of approximately 5-10 people while exerting leadership and influence across functions and multiple stakeholders
- Own all reporting functions and work closely with various teams, including product, finance, compliance, and operations to ensure that data is provided in an accurate, timely, and useful manner
- Propose, integrate and support technology stack for the company's BI Department
- Establish relevant reporting, perform necessary analytic deep dives to support strategy, drive business insights, and analyze performance.
- Partner closely with data science to tackle fraud mitigation
- Build and maintain reliable data foundation relevant for all business users across the team
- Proactively identify actions to capture value i.e.: customer segmentation, retention method, product success metrics
- Identify and translate market opportunities into actionable recommendations to achieve OKRs
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in Business Intelligence/Data Analytics, with experience of taking on roles with increasing responsibility
- Minimum 3 years of Management experience
- Excellent analytical, research and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Experience in startup(s) as well as enterprises who have created solutions at scale is highly preferable; experience in FinTech in particular is a huge bonus
- Expert with any SQL dialect, proficient in R and/or python
- Experience with Docker, PostgreSQL and Periscope is preferred
- Experience with data visualization and presenting complex data in easy to understand formats