The client has over 16 years experience delivering international eCommerce systems for some of the world’s biggest brands. An award winning Oracle Partner, that specialises in working with Oracle’s Commerce and Retail suites. As a trusted Systems Integration partner, we pride ourselves on the quality and expertise of delivery.
In addition to working with Oracle technology, the client has developed it’s own Intellectual Property in relation to the company’s core business and expertise in eCommerce and particularly in relation to internationalisation. The continued growth and diversification of the international eCommerce space makes it an exciting industry to be in and the client are recognised as a leader within this space based on a track record or successful delivery.
The client is a truely international company with offices in Europe, the US and Asia. Using a mixture of Agile and XP delivery combined with Prince II governance, the client is passionate about delivering good quality code using best practice. The client continually seeks to improve and as a result, while methods are mature given the depth of experience and expertise within the business, the company’s approach is continually evolving.
About the Role
The client seeks to increase the capacity of its Infrastructure and DevOps team. This role requires specific knowledge of Linux (RHEL/CentOS and variants) from installation through to configuration, hardening and maintenance, both on premise and in the cloud. You will need to be able to support members of the development team in building and maintaining their development systems and also design, build and maintain the deployment environments for clients. You will also make sure that the client is well informed in regard to industry best practice. The role will require working closely with client teams and as such diplomacy, presentation and workshop delivery skills are essential.
About the Candidate
Your passion for infrastructure and development, knowledge of specific tools and approaches is mixed with excellence in delivery. You will ensure that you are able to help develop systems, tools and techniques and approaches that maximise effective efficient delivery without compromising on quality.
You will be happy about the prospect of working in a growing business that is known for its excellence in engineering and delivery. You will be well versed in agile working methodologies but equally comfortable with the governance and management approaches favoured by the types of large international businesses who make up the client base.
You will be doing doing infrastructure design and implementation and will be joining our Infrastructure and DevOps group. You will be supporting the development of dynamic, enterprise level applications which integrate with multiple external systems. The successful candidate will be able to use expert skills in Linux, shell scripting, security and infrastructure design.
1. Team player with ability and confidence to take a leadership role when required
2. 3+ years of experience with Linux administration (both planning and execution)
3. Experience of at least one programming language (preferably Ruby, Python, Groovy or Java)
4. Must have hands on shell scripting experience
5. Good knowledge of security best practice and the hardening of systems
6. Good knowledge of Linux web servers (apache, nginx), both installation and configuration
7. Strong and clear communication and presentation skills
8. Self motivated and enthusiastic
1. Experience with the Chef provisioning system, both Solo and Server
2. Experience with multiple programming languages
3. Experience with the full development life cycle
4. Experience of test driven and agile development methodologies
5. Experience with relational and NoSQL databases (Oracle, MySQL, PostegreSQL, Redis etc)
6. Experience with advanced Linux networking (including VLANs, iproute2, iptables)
7. Experience with cloud services and deployments (Azure, Google or AWS)
8. Experience with containers (Docker, CoreOS etc.)
9. Experience with Juniper and/or Cisco network hardware
10. Experience of building and racking servers and building desktop machines
1. An appreciation of agile development methodologies is required
2. The candidate must be able to work closely in pairs
3. Good at communicating both ideas and concepts and quick to grasp them as well.
4. Highly motivated individuals who can be trusted to carry out highly technical and complex tasks.
5. Able to research and test out new technologies
Glenhill Group EA Licence No: 16S8180 / EA Registration No: R1105270